Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Straight Thuggin' via Facebook

Did anyone else see this?

Apparently a group called the Facebook Republican Army crashed and trashed a party in England whose guests were invited through a Facebook event.

The party was for the daughter of a rich ad exec who wanted a 16th birthday bash a la My Super Sweet Sixteen on MTV. Ridiculous.

I think the best headline I found is Gang uses Facebook to crash party. Ha! A mob of 400 youths ransacked the house.

And the best quote comes from the mother, Sylvia Meli:
"It was an absolute horror show. I'll never have a party for my daughter here again. The garden's ruined, the grass is just mud, people were walking through the pond and I heard one boy was trying to head-butt the mirror."
Jesus H. He head-butted a mirror?? Is he alright?

I guess in the UK "Republican Army" is synonymous with "bored, uncreative, drug-crazed suburban rich kids".

2 comments:

  1. I think maybe the bigger question is why did her parents leave town when their daughter had over 100 people over for a Sweet Sixteen? Georgina must have been raised by the nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typical. Blame the parents! All they ever did was provide for her in every imaginable way. Granted, it could be argued that most of those ways were the incredibly irresponsible, and in no way substituted for the parents' genuine attention and love, but STILL. The Army trampled the grass! Have a little compassion.

    ReplyDelete