Saturday, November 8, 2008

Deep Thoughts in the BPL

So I feel like I haven't been sufficiently excited about Obama becoming President-elect. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely pulling for him the whole time and I watched and read more than my fair share of election coverage. I'm relieved the Dem's prevailed... I just haven't been dancing naked in the streets or anything.

Then this morning I was chillin in the Boston Public Library and as I was passing through the research library section, I noticed the Public Papers of the Presidents collection. I was browsing through FDR, JFK, and the Reagan years, when after a bit I got to the present days and realized something. In a couple years they're going to be adding the volumes of Public Papers from Obama's presidency. Yes, this is obvious. But it was a really profound realization for me. This is really going to happen!

A skinny African-American man is going to be our president. Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean. i think it was this image that really made things hit home for me.

    ReplyDelete