Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My First Time

I wasn't sure that TV tonight was going to be worth watching, but somehow the planets aligned and Jake Gyllenhaal was on The Daily Show. Imagine my surprise! I'm pretty sure I squealed with glee or clapped my hands or cried or squeaked or something equally embarrassing. Fortunately, I live alone, so I'm able to act in strange and disgusting ways which are primarily done to entertain myself. You'd be surprised how funny I think I am when no one is around. Lord help me if I ever feel the need to get a webcam.

So back to Jake... He is adorable. And his sister, Maggie, is gorgeous and has a child apparently. I assume that the Gyllenhaal offspring will also be above average, physically speaking at least. I'm not entirely convinced that the family has a high intellectual threshold, as evidenced by Jake's appearance tonight. Admitedly, John Stewart is a very smart man, but he made Jake look like an idiot without even trying. All they did was bullshit about life and then talk about "Zodiac", which Jake stars in, but has little knowledge of as a real-life subject. Ok then... Good times.

And it appears that the littlest Gyllenhaal girl is named Ramona, according to Baby Celebrity Names Blog. I don't want to get too excited about this, but Ramona was my Spanish name in high school (like in Spanish class... I liked rolling the R) and also the name of one of my favorite literary heroines of all time: Ramona Quimby. Well done, Maggie & Peter Saarsgard. I give you my blessing and you may keep the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment